Etsy Page for PaperShaperSue

hidinginmycraftroom.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Altered CD Christmas Card

Using my husbands old CD's, I recycled them and made an altered Christmas card. I think it will be perfect for my son's 5th grade teacher this December. I may even add a pocket for a gift card later on!

I thought I'd try my first challenge from hidinginmycraftroom.com. The challenge this week (#12) is to alter something.  Laurie's example was Christmasy, so I was inspired to pull out my Christmas stash. Here is the final product:


First, I gathered some supplies.  I got 2 CD's and cut 2 holes in the top of each about an inch apart, using my Crop-a-dile. Then I cut 4 different circles from Christmas paper with my Cricut (George and Basic Shapes at 4.75"). I cut holes in the paper to line up with the holes in the CD's.


Next I adhered the paper and inked the edges to distress them.


I chose coordinating ribbon (4 colors), cut each piece about 7", tied it through the two holes at the top and trimmed it.



Next I cut ovals out of scraps with my punches.


I inked the ovals, stamped the sentiment, and adhered them.


I added a circle to the inside to write a message.


The back has a cute image of Santa on it.


Thanks for looking!
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment